Are you seeking to apply your knowledge and experience towards making a difference? The Iowa DOT’s Mission is Making Lives Better Through Transportation. You will have the opportunity to contribute your skills towards Iowa DOT’s five CORE values: Safety First, People Matter, Customer Focused, Servant Leadership, and Integrity Without Exception alongside a supportive team.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:45 AM - 4:30 PM. Hours may vary, and some overtime may be required. Some overnight travel required.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive pay and benefits package including health, dental, flexible spending, and life insurance
- Insurance benefits start first of the month following 30 days of employment - Monthly insurance premium (Iowa Choice*):
Single: $54/mo. employee share; $715/mo. state share
Family: $180/mo. employee share; $1,624.00/mo. state share
*Other insurance options available. Please review HERE
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid classes to aid passing the Professional engineering exam
- Paid time off effective immediately - Biweekly vacation, separate sick leave, accruals rollover on a yearly basis, and 10 paid holidays per year
- Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS) Retirement Package with employer match
- Optional 401A plan with employer contributions
- Employee Discount Programs from variety of vendors (vision, cellular, fitness, recreation, season passes, travel, counseling; legal, financial)
- Company provided vehicles for all work-related activities
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Applicants must meet at least one of the following minimum requirements to qualify for positions in this job classification:
For additional information, please click on this link to view the job description.
Additional Qualification Requirements
Applicants hired with verification of graduation will be required to graduate with a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university within 10 months of hire.
Within a period of time after hire, as determined by the appointing authority, employees in this class may be required to obtain one or more of the following certificates, licenses, or endorsements:
Apply online at https://das.iowa.gov/human-resources/state-employment
As the Cherokee Transportation Engineer Associate you will contribute to DOT’s mission by providing Leadership on the national award-winning construction administration team working on large, complex highway construction projects and overseeing multiple project contracts. This role will be responsible to: