The Iowa Department of Transportation is seeking an Engineer looking help the citizens of Iowa, and thrive in a progressive environment.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:45 AM - 4:30 PM. Hours may vary, and some overtime may be required. Some overnight travel required.
What We Offer You:
• Team-oriented, positive work environment
• Paid classes to aid passing the Professional Engineering Exam
• Excellent benefits package
• Biweekly vacation accrual and separate sick leave
• Paid opportunities for professional growth and development – including training, courses and conferences
• Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS) Retirement Package
• Company provided vehicles for all work-related activities
• Employee discounts from a variety of vendors (fitness, recreation, & travel)
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Applicants must meet at least one of the following minimum requirements to qualify for positions in this job classification:
For additional information, please click on this link to view the job description.
Additional Qualification Requirements
Applicants hired with verification of graduation will be required to graduate with a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university within 10 months of hire.
Within a period of time after hire, as determined by the appointing authority, employees in this class may be required to obtain one or more of the following certificates, licenses, or endorsements:
Apply online at https://das.iowa.gov/human-resources/state-employment
As the Cherokee Transportation Engineer Associate you will contribute to DOT’s mission by providing Leadership on the national award-winning construction administration team working on large, complex highway construction projects and overseeing multiple project contracts. This role will be responsible to: