Northwest AEA is looking for Substitute Juvenile Home Teachers. You would serve as a teacher for a juvenile home education program at either a detention center or shelter care facility.
Walking and maneuvering in tight spaces (i.e. between classroom desks)
Apply online at www.teachiowa.gov
• Develop appropriate curriculum.
• Develop individual student programs of study.
• Provide direct instruction and tutorial assistance for students.
• Provide for a positive and productive classroom environment.
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with facility staff, schools and related agencies.
• Provide anecdotal documentation of daily program and student progress.
• Seek and provide appropriate student information with home school districts.
• Provide student achievement reports to schools and other appropriate individuals and agencies.
• Implement appropriate individualized education programs (IEPs).
• Compile required program statistical data and reports.
• Communicate pertinent information in a timely manner at all levels of responsibility.
• Participate in periodic program effectiveness review and planning.
• Understand current and emerging trends and participate in appropriate staff development.
• Serve on NWAEA and other committees as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.