Cherokee Dairy Queen is looking for a Store Manager to create positive memories for all who touch DQ. To oversee entire restaurant operations including financial performance, product production, inventory, personnel, sales, and marketing for the restaurant. To ensure restaurant is operated within guidelines established by owner and franchisor. To set high standards and create a great environment for the team to work.
- Minimum 3-5 years of restaurant management experience, with responsibility for restaurant profit and loss, required. Previous quick service restaurant experience strongly preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Proven track record of effectively managing COGS and labor
- ServSafe certified or approved equivalent.
- Customer Focus- strong hospitality and customer service skills, enjoys engaging with the customer.
- Trainer & Coach- ability to be a strong trainer and coach to others on restaurant routines and systems, as well as how to effectively interact with customers and each other.
- Management Skills- excellent track record of coaching and developing employees and effectively resolving employee relations issues. Ability to motivate and retain a strong team, and set a positive and upbeat store environment.
- Organization & Goal Focus- must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the capability to oversee all aspects of the business and multiple areas simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to set clear goals for the business and actively work to achieve and exceed these goals.
- Technical- proficiency with computers and with Point of Sale systems.
- Flexibility & Adaptability- willingness to follow directions and a commitment to meet DQ and OJ standards in all you do.
- Integrity- does the right thing even when no one is looking, honest, earns trust of others.
Must have ability to:
- Perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time.
- Work in and out of different temperature ranges.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work around nuts and other allergens.
Apply online at siouxlanddq.com
- Strive for operational levels that meet or exceed the Fan's expectations in the areas of quality, service and atmosphere, creating value through an excellent experience and a fair price.
- Ensure that every member of management and crew is trained and fully knowledgeable on all PRIDE systems and routines, product recipes, food safety practices and restaurant safety practices.
- Ensure that all PRIDE systems and routines are incorporated into the day-to-day operations of the restaurant, setting each shift up for success.
- Manage restaurant profit & loss to optimize sales and profit, analyzing COGS and taking corrective action if necessary, maintaining inventory, projecting restaurant demand changes throughout the year and adjusting labor accordingly, and ensuring that cash control/security procedures are followed. Prepare financial and sales forecasts and budgets, review financial reports regularly for variances, establish and monitor financial controls.
- Work with regional manager, franchise owner and staff to develop and implement strategies to increase average meal checks and frequency of Fan visits.
- Ensure that Fan service in all areas meets or exceeds company standards.
- Establish standards for the management team and crew to handle customer concerns.
- Ensure that customer complaints are promptly and appropriately addressed to resolve the problem and ensure that each dissatisfied customer becomes a return Fan. Manage open complaints to ensure follow up process is documented in the Tell Us About Us (TUAU) database.
- Understands the importance of speed of service and resolve bottlenecks in work flow.
- Build relationships with return or preferred patrons.
Team Member Leadership
- Accomplish store objectives by hiring, training, coaching and developing the store management team and hourly crew members to build a highly skilled and productive team.
- Ensure thorough training and new hire orientations take place; clearly communicate job expectations; monitor each employee and manager's performance and job contributions, provide ongoing and helpful feedback against expectations.
- Responsible for effective scheduling and ensuring that the restaurant is properly staffed to drive sales volumes. Prepare crew members' schedules and approve schedules completed by assistant managers to meet staffing requirements for different day parts and different seasonal demands, and to meet established labor goals.
- Conduct formal employee performance appraisals to assess and review job contributions.
- Role model and enforce policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all restaurant staff to foster and promote a cooperative and pleasant working climate, which will be conducive to maximizing employee morale, productivity and efficiency.
Health & Safety Standards
- Must be ServSafe certified or approved equivalent.
- Ensure that Food Safety is the top training priority in store operations. Ensure that proper hand washing, product rotation procedures, and temperature logging are visible and active behaviors. Role model and enforce safe food handling practices.
- Maintain a safe, secure and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures, complying with health and legal regulations and maintaining security systems or routines. Ensure that all health, safety and sanitation requirements are met in accordance with federal, state and local standards.
- Train and ensure understanding by store management and crew on how to react in the event of an emergency such as a workers compensation accident, a robbery, etc. Lead the response to such events.
- Work with franchise corporate marketing team to attract new Fans and increase restaurant sales by developing and implementing local, regional and national marketing promotions and activities, including advertising, public and community relations programs, identifying and evaluating local competitors' store marketing, evaluating program results, identifying and tracking changing consumer demands.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by owner and owner's appointee.