RJ Thomas Mfg. Co., Inc. is looking for motivated, safety conscious, and detail oriented individuals with welding experience and other qualifications to join our team.
HOURS: Winter: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Summer: 6:00 am – 4:00 pm
Must have good mathematical abilities, knowledge of basic welding and welding tools processes and equipment, and be able to read blueprints. Experience with varying types of industrial steel fabricating machinery a plus. Pre-employment drug screen and back evaluation required.
Additional Information can be obtained by calling David Freese at 712-225-5115 ext 224
Principle duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Follow all established safety policy, practices and expectations. Ensure welding stations, robots and fixtures are properly set-up, all safety devices are in place and being used in a safe manner.
· Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
· Perform product preparations such as part and equipment staging, grinding, drilling, cutting, deburring etc. to ensure accuracy and work flow efficiency, and to provide the paint departments with a properly prepared product.
· Perform periodic and finished work inspections to ensure the quality and dependability of the end product.
· Ensuring operability of wire welders. (i.e. feed setting, change gas tanks, change wire, etc.) Troubleshoot when required.
· Operate a forklift when properly trained and certified.
RJ Thomas employees may be required to cross-train into other departments of the manufacturing plant. These instances are determined by operations and department supervisors. Each employee reports directly to their department supervisor and must foster necessary interactions with supervisory staff as well as fabricators, maintenance staff and set-up employees.