Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join our company at our soybean production facility in Cherokee, IA. Come join our team and enjoy top pay, top benefits, and a great work environment! We have a clean, high-quality facility and commit to the safety of all our team members, so we ensure employees go home safely to their families each day.
We welcome candidates who want to grow their career with us! We are looking for employees who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history. Candidates from all industry backgrounds with maintenance and/or mechanical experience are encouraged to apply! Corteva Agriscience™, offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes strong wages ($22.00-$26.00/hr. based on experience), a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
Never encounter a boring day when you work with us. Our activities and tasks vary with the agricultural season cycle! During peak season (September-April) the Cherokee production plant runs a 24/5 to 24/7 schedule based on demand. Shift hours can be 8 to 12 hours depending on which schedule is utilized. Then we stagger down shifts the remaining months of the year.
The following are required:
• High School Diploma/GED
• 2-3 years of industrial maintenance work experience or other related experience
• Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks as well as shift work
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Problem solving skills, conflict resolution skills, and teamwork skills
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Beginning level computer skills
• Ability to be on call
• Willing and able to perform the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
− Work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
− climb and/or work in elevated areas
− stand and sit for extended periods
− Work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
− Lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
The following are preferred:
• Knowledge of production agriculture and associated machinery
• Basic level of building electrical systems knowledge
• Knowledge of heating/cooling, refrigeration, security, materials handling equipment (i.e., conveyors, elevator legs, packaging equipment, etc.) or other mechanical/electrical systems
• Able to adjust quickly to changing conditions and multiple priorities
• Detail oriented
• Millwright skills, especially relevant to the seed industry
• Truck and forklift driving skills
• Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic repair and test equipment
• Basic process control understanding
Apply online at https://careers.corteva.com
Search by city, we are listed under Cherokee and Aurelia
Please ensure you attach an updated copy of your resume with your application for full consideration.
As the Maintenance Technician, you will regularly perform maintenance and troubleshooting on plant equipment and facilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support Plant Operations
• Deliver maintenance support for Capital projects
• Maintain Condition of the plant shop and maintenance tools
• Support Process Safety Management and location safety efforts
• Conduct seasonal prep work including Annual Preventative Maintenance, Repairs, and Improvements
• Assure proper set-up, calibration, operation, and preventative maintenance of equipment, machines, and facilities
• Complete grounds and facility maintenance as needed
• Utilize Predictive Maintenance tools to detect and remedy future machine failures.
• Create, continually update, and train Preventative Maintenance plans for varied equipment
• Complete fabrication projects to improve plant processes
• Maintain detailed equipment records and prints