The Hy-Vee Distribution Center in Cherokee, Iowa has immediate full and part-time openings for Warehouse Generalist 1 (heavy lifting) on the 5am, 7am, and 7:30pm shifts starting at up to $21/hour, $22.56 at 8 weeks + incentive pay of up to 10% and quarterly bonuses.
-75% employer paid benefits for full-time
-4 10's schedule on 3rd shift (5 8's schedule on 1st shift)-- 3 days off per week!
-Eligibility for pay increases
-Rotating weekends off (once every 3 weeks) for employees not already scheduled off on weekends
-Incentive pay of up to 10% for above average performance
-Numerous advancement opportunities.
This video discusses the Warehouse Generalist 1 and 2 positions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSAYZTj9hs4&t=159s
- Must have the ability to meet the language and hearing capabilities for voice automated selection.
-Must be able to work for entire shift at a fast pace in a physically demanding job
- Must have the ability to follow one or two-step instructions; routine, repetitive task.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Must be physically able to perform heavy work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, 50 pounds of force frequently, and 20 pounds of force constantly with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 25 feet.
-Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Apply online at Hy-Vee.com/careers and search "Cherokee DC"
- Selects orders via a voice automated selection system and safely packages them for shipment to assigned stores.
-Accurately receives freight and checks it in by matching the manifest to the product, inspecting for damages and correct height, and checking the tag for slotting. Reports damage and problems to a supervisor.
-Selects and receives bread and sorts bread trays.
-Accurately replenishes select slots.
-Upon certification, safely operates pallet jack, forklift, pick-in-reserve machine, loader, turrit truck, and clamp/slip-sheet machine as needed.