The General Manager is responsible for running a profitable restaurant and for making sure the restaurant meets McDonald’s critical customer standards of Quality, Service, and Cleanliness. These standards are high, so this is a big job! The General Manager works with his/her leader to set the restaurant’s goals and creates a plan to achieve the goals.
To meet restaurant goals, the General Manager doesn’t work alone. He or she leads a team of Department Managers that has specific responsibilities in the restaurant. This means helping the Department Managers to set their own goals, following up on their progress, and providing coaching and direction to improve their Departments. By improving the Departments, the restaurant improves!
Along with competitive pay, a General Manager at a McDonald’s Corporate owned restaurant is eligible for incredible benefits including:
• 15-25 days paid vacation
• 10 paid holidays, anniversary splash and 8-week sabbatical every 10 years
• Education through Archways to Opportunity including opportunities to earn a High School degree, college tuition assistance and English classes as a second language
• Medical, dental and vision coverage
• Pre-tax flexible spending accounts
• Short- and Long-Term Disability, life and accident insurance
• Paid Leaves of Absence
• Service awards
• Employee Resource Connection
• Adoption Assistance
• Matching gifts program
Ideal candidates should have previous General Manager experience running high volume locations. A background in quick service restaurants is strongly desired, or experience in hospitality or retail. You must be 18 years or older to be a manager in our corporate owned and operated restaurants.
The General Manager may also be responsible for hiring and developing Department and Shift Managers to make sure that the restaurant has the right team to lead into the future.