Hy-Vee Distribution Center in Cherokee, IA has job openings for full-time and part-time driving positions.
High school or equivalent experience. Valid Commercial Driver’s License.
Trailer jockeying experience preferred. Over one year up to three years of similar or related work experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Operates semi-tractor and trailer in a safe and professional manner taking into account weather conditions and obeying all laws and regulations.
2. Delivers product to stores, which includes backing across crowded parking lots, unloading product and returning with backhauls as assigned.
3. Completes log book, trip mileage chart, fuel slips, and paperwork for back hauls and damaged merchandise.
4. Inspects and communicates repairs and preventative maintenance to tractor and trailer as needed to Truck Department Manager. Maintains equipment including washing tractor-trailer and fueling truck.
5. Provides all customer service duties at customer locations and communicates with warehouse and store personnel. In order to communicate with store personnel and provide the proper level of customer service, it is a business necessity to speak the English language.
6. Operates on-board technology and electronic log book.
7. Must maintain a valid CDL as defined by federal driving guidelines.
8. Reports to work when scheduled and works expected number of hours.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Attends and participates in company meetings as needed.
2. Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
3. Adheres to company policies.