Crossroads of Western Iowa provides support and vocational services to intellectually and developmentally disabled adults. We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about helping others to fully experience life and to make a POSITIVE difference ina person's life throught their actions. Shifts
include evenings, overnights and weekends, shift combinations available.
Provide care and support to adults
with disabilities. (80%)
- Assist with and work to strengthen the individuals’
many daily living needs including but not limited to: nutrition, hygiene,
exercise, household tasks, communication and socialization skills.
- Assist with positioning, and transferring, according to
each individual need for assistance.
- Assist individuals with developing their daily living
skills and capabilities to reach the desired level in the residential
- Assist in community integration according to individual
care and support goals and objectives.
- Assist with learning, recreational and/or community
- Assist with transportation needs of individuals as
needed. Complete vehicle mileage logs.
- Follow and implement care plans as well as assisting in
the acquisition of resources that are required to achieve the individual’s
- Assist with individual’s medical needs, communicate
with appropriate medical staff when needed.
- Assist in Emergency situations
- Provide trainings to ensure safety for daily activities
- Attend and actively participate in required meetings
- Attend, complete and maintain trainings as required
- Follow and comply with all HIPAA regulations in
coordination with the HIPAA Compliance Officer.
- Must have authorized release before sensitive
information is given pertaining to CWI, persons receiving services, and
Meet all reporting, communication
and documentation requirements. (20%)
- Collect, document and report all applicable care and
support information, using appropriate programs and forms.
- Communicate changes in support/services and trainings
objectives in the service plan, as well as any significant
changes/concerns in the individuals’ life.
- Report and document allegations/observations of abuse,
neglect and exploitation according to established policies and procedures.
- Report vehicle accidents.
- To perform the Direct Support Professional job
successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential