Iowa State University Extension and Outreach in Cherokee County is seeking a full time Program Coordinator. The Coordinator leads, plans and delivers programming in Community and Economic
Development and Human Sciences areas in collaboration with county staff, program specialists, the regional director, and council. Additionally, they will provide support for Agriculture and Natural Resources and 4-H and Youth programming.
The position offers an hourly wage and retirement benefits.
• Associates degree
• Content knowledge in at least one field: human sciences or community and
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Computer, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Team player and people oriented
• Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends
• Teaching or facilitation experience in field related to program area if direct instruction
is a required job responsibility
• Bachelor’s degree with additional years’ experience
• Demonstrated record of establishing new programs
• Successful contract and grant writing experience
• Experience working cooperatively with boards and diverse groups
Application forms and a job description can be found here.
Please send resume with references, letter of application and application before September 17th to:
Cherokee County Extension and Outreach
c/o Program Coordinator
209 Centennial Drive, Suite A
Cherokee, IA 51012-2243
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status and will not be discriminated
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For the full non-discrimination statement or
accommodation inquiries, go to www.extension.iastate.edu/diversity/ext.
• Plans, coordinates, and implements educational programming in the Community and
Economic Development and Human Sciences program areas in collaboration with
program specialists, regional director, and council members.
• Provides direct and indirect instruction of education and experience.
• Assists with room and audio/visual set-up, refreshments, and registration for
meetings and programs.
• Builds community collaborations and capacity of Cherokee and ISU Extension and
• Informs Regional Director of county projects and project outcomes.
• Supports and initiates strategies to develop volunteer networks.
• Manages local data collection in line with program area requirements.
• Manages project budgets within the program area.
• Maintains a positive working relationship with staff and clients in the county.
• Supports day-to-day office operations including face-to-face with clients, answering
the telephone, copying, and assembling materials, and database management.
• Participates in local and state professional development opportunities.
• Must follow fiscal and personnel policy and procedures.
• Continually develops and enhances relevant skills and understands current
• Other duties as assigned.