Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ has an exciting opportunity for Area Team Lead to join our company at our soybean production facility in Cherokee, IA. If you are an A+ team member and performer, come join our team and enjoy top pay, top benefits, and a great work environment! We have a clean, high-quality facility and commit to the safety of all our team members, so we ensure employees go home safely to their families each day.
In this role, you will lead, coordinate, and work in all activities of Plant Operations Technicians in multiple production, warehouse, field, and logistic areas on a single shift to ensure that the production goals are accomplished. Area Team Leads also perform the duties of Production Operation Technicians when needed and as directed. You will encourage and enforce safe operations onsite, while also fostering harmonious communications within the shift and between shifts. Your assignments will vary based on seasonal needs. Never encounter a boring day when you work with us. Our activities and tasks vary with the agricultural season cycle!
During peak season (September-April) the Cherokee production plant runs a 24/6 or 24/7 schedule based on demand. Shift hours can be 8 to 12 hours depending on which schedule is utilized. Then we stagger down shifts the remaining months of the year.
We welcome candidates who want to grow their career with us! We are looking for employees who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history. Candidates from all industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
The following are required:
The following are preferred:
To apply go to: http://careers.dupont.com/jobsearch
Please ensure you attach an updated copy of your resume with your application for full consideration.
Area Team Leads are responsible, but not limited to, the following duties:
· Monitor product quality and ensure activities meet the requirements
· Ensure operator Preventative Maintenance is completed
· Provide input and assistance to Production Shift Supervisors
· Complete and maintain appropriate records, documents, or reports
· Review production schedules
· Recommend and implement measures to improve productivity, performance, product quality, methods, working conditions, and efficiencies
· Provide regular coaching and feedback to include daily on-the-job coaching
· Analyze and resolve problems to assist workers in finding solutions
· Work with other leaders to coordinate workflow and coordinate allocation of resources between shifts and departments