ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Portfolio Growth & Referrals 40%
- Seek out prospective business/corporate clients and actively solicit high quality new loan business as well as new deposit relationships.
- Participate in community affairs to increase banks visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities.
- Achieve individual and department sales goals through new business sales, referrals, and retention of account relationships.
- Proactively cross-sell additional products through referrals and outbound calling with the goal of building rapport and life-long relationships with Bank customers.
- Analyze potential commercial loan markets to develop prospects for loans.
- Maintain current knowledge of financial markets, trends, and technology.
Lending & Customer Service 30%
- Meet with business/corporate clients, actively listen to their needs and goals, and propose recommendations and service action.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to excellence in sales and service to customers and other employees.
- Refer any customer questions regarding products or service to the appropriate person.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans, treasury management products, and other financial services and products to better meet customers' needs.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with customers who have delinquent loans.
- Prepare repots to send to customers whose accounts are delinquent, and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action.
Loan Operations 20%
- Analyze applicants' financial statue, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Ensure loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policies, procedures, and standards.
- Approve loans within specified limits and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
- Service loan portfolio to ensure compliance with loan policy, approval conditions, and approved financing plans.
- Correspond with or interview applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Conduct on-site inspections at customer locations to determine customer products.
- Provides guidance to the credit department and/or less seasoned lenders in the development and analysis of financial background data for new or renewed loans.
- Develop strong professional relationship with members of the bank's other departments, as well as external representatives.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.