The Cherokee Public Library is looking for an Adult Services Librarian to prepare and organize data and reports such as the budget for the Cherokee Public Library, oversee cataloging and allocation of general library materials and program services to adults.
Work Schedule: Full time, 40 hours per week. Requires weekend hours (rotating every third Saturday).
May require evening hours for programming.
AA in a relevant field with a BA preferred. Previous library experience preferred and State Library
Certification within two years.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge: the field of librarianship; library functions; computer hardware and software and their usage;
Windows operating systems; spreadsheet and data applications; MARC records and cataloging.
Skills: working as team member; interacting courteously with people including problem patrons; problem
solving and decision making; prioritizing workload.
Abilities: understand and interpret policies and procedures; write memos, reports, policies and
procedures, and statistical reports; perform intermediate math for statistical reports; work under deadlines
You can apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or pick up a City application and leave it at the library or city hall.
● Prepare materials for processing and catalogs materials for the assigned department.
● Oversee the operations of the assigned department.
● Provide information on topics related to the assigned department.
● Advise administration on purchases and needs.
● Advise management on budget matters.
● Assist in the preparation of the monthly budget.
● Prepare statistical and narrative reports.
● Oversees genealogical collection and acts as a liaison to the area archives
● Has thorough knowledge and willingness to serve the adult population
● Book selector for the adult collection
● Facilitates programming and partnerships with outside agencies and organizations
● Serves library users at a Service Desk by checking in and out library materials, collects money
from overdue fines and lost and damaged materials, issues new/replacement library cards,
registers new patrons and processes name and address changes. Also assists with other
circulation functions, holds, faxes, etc.